Netgear DM111PSP: Routed Subnet
From FRII Support
- After the DM111PSP is connected to your computer with the network cable provided, open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, and connect to the modem by clicking the address bar and typing "192.168.0.1" (without quotes), and then press Enter.
- You will be prompted for login credentials.
- At the Setup Wizard screen:
- At the Basic Settings screen:
- Change the Encapsulation to "PPPoA (PPP over ATM)."
- Enter your DSL login name: email@example.com
- Enter the DSL password: frii
- Be sure to disable NAT.
- If you want to be able to access a device in your internal network from an external source, you will also need to disable NAT/firewall; alternatively, you can add a rule to permit the inbound traffic in the Firewall Rules configuration screen.
- Hit "Apply."
- At the ADSL Settings screen:
- In the Advanced section on the left navigation pane, click "LAN Setup."
- At the LAN Setup screen:
- In the Advanced section on the left navigation pane, click "WAN Setup."
- Check the boxes labeled "Connect Automatically, as Required" and "Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port." The click "Apply."
- In the Maintenance section on the left navigation pane, click "Set Password."
- At the Set Password screen:
- Your DSL modem is now configured to connect to the Internet.