From FRII Support
|Retail MailArmory (New)|
If you're unable to send email, it could be one of two things:
- Your account was recently rate limited due to sending too many emails.
- See Email Rate Limit
- Your email client may be misconfigured.
Domain Email Management
If you have domain email hosting, please review this article to manage your users, aliases, and forwards.
Email Client Setup
This article will provide assistance setting up your FRII hosted email in an email client application. If you're not sure what program or version you have, this can generally be found by clicking on "Help" and then "About" in Windows programs and by clicking "Program Name" and then "About" in Mac programs.
Recommended Email Configuration
FRII recommends the following email client configuration:
- Incoming: IMAP, mail.frii.com, Port 993 with SSL (SSL/TLS) enabled
- Username should be set to your full email address, in all lowercase letters
- Outgoing: SMTP, mail.frii.com, Port 587 with TLS enabled
- SMTP Authentication is required, using the same information as for IMAP
Non-recommended but compatible email settings can found at the FRII Support FAQ
Spam Filtering Settings
This replaces MailArmory for spam management.
- Address Book Migration
- Auto Responders and Email Forwards
- Configuring Email Client to Use SSL
- Cannot Send Email After Sending a Mass Email
- Changing Your Email Password
- Email and Quotas
- Email Phishing
- Email Spoofing
- Forwarding Full Headers
- How to Access Email When Away From Your Home Computer
- How to Obtain Shell Access on Your FRII Account
- How to Set Your Browser to Remember Passwords
- IMAP vs. POP FAQ
- Outgoing Email Settings
- SMTP Overview
- Using Mutt