Actiontec Q1000 : Dynamic
From FRII Support
- After the modem is connected to your computer, open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, connect to the M-1000 by clicking the address bar and typing "192.168.0.1" (without quotes), and then press Enter. You should see this screen:
- Once it has loaded, click on the "Quick Setup" button. That should bring up this screen:
- Click the "Advanced IP Configuration button." That should bring up this screen:
- For item 1: Set the type to PPPoA. Also make sure that PPP Autoconnect is checked.
- For item 2: Enter your full FRII username (email@example.com) and "frii" (without quotes) in the password field.
- For item 3: Select "Dynamic IP - DHCP (Default)" UNLESS you have a static IP with FRII. If you have a static IP, this would be the place to enter it. Select "Single Static IP Address" and type in your static IP.
- For item 4: Select "Dynamic DNS"
- For item 5: ATM encapsulation type should be VC-Mux (Default)
- After all of the items are set, click "Apply." This will bring up the following screen:
- After the previous page reappears, you should be connected.
- By default, the Actiontec will use NAT and DHCP to dynamically share the IP address assigned to the router.