Actiontec PK5000 : Dynamic
From FRII Support
- After the PK5000 is connected to your computer, open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, connect to the PK50000 by clicking the address bar and typing "192.168.0.1" (without quotes), and then press Enter. You should see this screen:
- Once it has loaded, click on the "Quick Setup" button. That should bring up this screen:
- Click the "Advanced IP Configuration button." That should bring up this screen:
- For item 1: Set the type to PPPoA. Also make sure that PPP Auto connect is checked.
- For item 2: Enter your full FRII username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and "frii" (without quotes) in the password field.
- For item 3: Select "Dynamic IP - DHCP (Default)"
- For item 4: Select "Dynamic DNS"
- For item 5: ATM encapsulation type should be VC-Mux (Default)
- After all of the items are set, click "Apply." This will bring up the following screen:
- After the previous page reappears, you should be connected.
- By default, the Actiontec will use NAT and DHCP to dynamically share the IP address assigned to the router.