Actiontec 1520/1524: Routed Subnet Configuration
From FRII Support
This article will provide the steps needed to configure the Actiontec 1520/1524 to use a routed subnet on FRII's DSL network.
- First, go to the web interface by pointing a browser at 192.168.0.1.
- Next, click on "Setup/Configuration."
- Then choose "Advanced Setup."
- Click "Begin Advanced Setup."
- Click Next.
- Choose the PPPoA option.
- Enter the FRII email address and password associated with the DSL account. Leave the "Static IP" field empty.
- Most of the following screens are set properly by default. Just click "Next."
- Here, enter the IP you wish to use as your local gateway. This is usually the first or last usable IP in your subnet. The usable IP's will include every IP except for the first and last. So in a IP block of 8, the 2nd IP or the 7th IP would generally be chosen as a gateway.
- Make sure you turn off the DHCP server.
- Be sure to disable NAT.
- On this screen, enter the first IP of your subnet in the "Subnet IP" field as well as the appropriate mask for your subnet in the "Subnet Mask" field. Leave "Gateway IP" empty (the gateway for your local machines will be the IP you entered a few screens ago in the "LAN IP" field). Be sure to hit the "Add" button before moving on.
- After hitting Add, you should see the new route in the Static Routing Table. Click Next.
- Click on "Save and Reboot."
- The Actiontec configuration is done.
- At this point you will need to statically assign an IP from your subnet to your local machine using the same subnet mask and gateway address you chose above.