2Wire: Routed Subnet
From FRII Support
Configuring the 2Wire 2700HG-D for a Routed Subnet (routed through a single static IP)
Tasks in the Advanced Configuration Wizard:
- Specify connection type (PPPoA).
- Specify username (full email address, I.E. email@example.com).
- Specify password
- Specify addressing type (DHCP).
- Make sure the "VIP" option is checked.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Then click on the "Home Network" icon at the top of the screen. In the Home Network section, you will want to go to the Advanced Settings menu item and find the "Public Network" section (which is the second-to-last section on that page). Enter the internal router address (which will be part of the subnet block, not the DSL's wan side static IP) in the "Router Address" field, and the subnet mask in the subnet mask field. Click "Save" at the bottom.
Note: The wireless connection on the unit is setup prior to the unit being shipped. So it is possible to complete all of these steps without connecting the Ethernet cable. However, it is not recommended due to the inherent instability of wireless networking.
The modem should then be ready for use; the "Save" button should add the route to the system and it should begin routing traffic immediately. However, as always, it is a good idea to restart the system. This can be done via a powercycle, or preferrably by following these directions:
Restarting the System:
- Click the "System" icon at the top of the webpage.
- Click the "Details" link in the top menu.
- Click the "Restart the system" link on the right-hand side.
- The router will ask for confirmation. Click "Confirm" to restart the router.
- A "Please wait while the system restarts" loading bar will come up. This will remain up for a minute or so, then return the user to the router's homepage when complete.