From FRII Support
Configuring the 2Wire 2700HG-D for a Dynamic or Single-Static Connection
The fastest, and easiest, way to setup the 2Wire 2700 DSL Gateway is by logging into the web interface. Like the ActionTec routers, the interface can be found by pointing any web browser, on a connected computer, to '192.168.0.1' (without the quotes). Then click on the "Advanced Configuration Settings" wizard (see below). This wizard asks for all the necessary information to setup the DSL connection. The first section is for the PPP setup.
Note: The wireless connection on the unit is setup prior to the unit being shipped. So it is possible to complete all of these steps without connecting the Ethernet cable. However, it is not recommended due to the inherent instability of wireless networking.
Tasks in the Advanced Configuration Wizard:
- Specify connection type (PPPoA).
- Specify username (full email address, I.E. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Specify password
- Specify addressing type (DHCP).
- Make sure the "VIP" option is checked.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
The modem should then be ready for use; the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen will automatically apply the DSL settings and force the modem to attempt to reconnect. However, it is always a good idea to restart the modem after these changes to ensure that they are saved.
Restarting the System:
- Click the "System" icon at the top of the webpage.
- Click the "Details" link in the top menu.
- Click the "Restart the system" link on the right-hand side.
- The router will ask for confirmation. Click "Confirm" to restart the router.
- A "Please wait while the system restarts" loading bar will come up. This will remain up for a minute or so, then load the router's homepage when complete.